Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI output on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Hello. Recently I acquired a drawing tablet for my birthday but it requires an HDMI port to connect and I cannot find any official adapters from Apple to connect an iMac that only has Thunderbolt 2 ports to HDMI. All my attempts to search for a Thunderbolt 2 to HDMI have led to products that use newer ports (Thunderbolt 4, USB-C) that my iMac does not have, third party cables and adaptors that may or may not work, or Mini DisplayPort adapters that, as far as I know, do not have functionality with Thunderbolt 2 ports.

Can someone point me in the right direction to what I should do to get an HDMI cable to properly connect to my late 2015 iMac?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 9:30 AM

hi, superjustinbros, your imac late 2015 does have thunderbolt 2 and mini Displayport functionality… so get an adapter that supports mini Displayport 1.4, hdmi 2.0 and hdcp 2.2 and active and you should be good to go…

5 replies

HDMI output on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.