You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.1.6 - 'cannot connect to iTunes Store'

I have an ipod touch running OS 6.1.6. It will not run the iTunes app or the app store, I get the error message 'cannot connect to iTunes Store'.

I am able to log into iCloud.

Using apple's 'If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services' page. I have made sure the device is connected to the internet, the software is as up to date as it will go, the date and time are correct and set to automatic.

Has apple discontinued supporting the online services for these older products? It would be a shame as it essentially makes them worthless.

I only want to download the podcast app, which I assume is still available for this old iPod Touch.

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 3:57 PM

I'm in the same exact situation. My autistic teen has my old iPod touch (6.1.6)and also cannot connect to the app store or itunes store. We've been able to connect to icloud.

He's obviously distraught and I have tried everything I can think of. I hope it's just a fluke, because it's still useful to him, even if it's obsolete to others.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2022 3:57 PM in response to Gus42

I'm in the same exact situation. My autistic teen has my old iPod touch (6.1.6)and also cannot connect to the app store or itunes store. We've been able to connect to icloud.

He's obviously distraught and I have tried everything I can think of. I hope it's just a fluke, because it's still useful to him, even if it's obsolete to others.

Jan 2, 2022 3:34 AM in response to iPod_touch_pro

The older ipod touch's did not ship with the podcast app, and it is not part of the factory install for iOS 6.1.6. You needed to subscribe to podcasts through itunes or use the podcast app which needed to be downloaded. I am logged into my apple account, that parts fine. It appears apple have discontinued any form of online support for these older products.

iOS 6.1.6 - 'cannot connect to iTunes Store'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.