Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi Direct and AirPrint

I travel and work in places without a central Wi-Fi and am looking for a printing soultion from my iPad Pro. I’m looking at the HP Officejet 200 mobile printer that has W-Fi direct. Will I be able to print to this using the Wi-Fi Direct and AirPrint?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 3:25 PM

Hi,

The normal way of using AirPrint is via a network. It would mean an iPad/iPhone/Mac and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same Wi-Fi router.

The HP OfficeJet 200 Mobile Printer Series is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In order to achieve this, could a travel router possibly be of interest to you? The TP-Link models TL-WR802N and TL-WR902AC are merely two examples (without built-in mobile Internet). The idea is to use a travel router to create a small local Wi-Fi network. An appropriate portable 4G or 5G mobile broadband router could also be used.

A direct Wi-Fi solution may require a special app from the printer manufacturer, or may make things more complicated when printing from web pages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 3:25 PM in response to Hock2021

Hi,

The normal way of using AirPrint is via a network. It would mean an iPad/iPhone/Mac and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same Wi-Fi router.

The HP OfficeJet 200 Mobile Printer Series is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In order to achieve this, could a travel router possibly be of interest to you? The TP-Link models TL-WR802N and TL-WR902AC are merely two examples (without built-in mobile Internet). The idea is to use a travel router to create a small local Wi-Fi network. An appropriate portable 4G or 5G mobile broadband router could also be used.

A direct Wi-Fi solution may require a special app from the printer manufacturer, or may make things more complicated when printing from web pages.

Wi-Fi Direct and AirPrint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.