Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate

Why doesn’t my Apple Watch show my heart rate during swim?

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 2:33 PM

No clairvoyants here.

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it. List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried or temporary fixes you've discovered.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.2; HomePods, audioOS 15.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 2:33 PM in response to Fhagels2

No clairvoyants here.

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it. List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried or temporary fixes you've discovered.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.2; HomePods, audioOS 15.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jan 1, 2022 4:14 PM in response to Dah•veed

While swimming laps in the pool, using the “pool swim” selection in the Workout app, I attempt to check my heart rate (bpm) on the watch and it is almost always “grayed out”. When the swim has ended and I go to the phone’s Activity app to see the heart rate chart, it displays “chart unavailable “. PoolSwim is the only activity that gives me this problem. The Activity app, on the phone, does display total time, total distance, total calories, and average heart rate (but not the high or low).

Heart rate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.