Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My heart rate won’t show up during a swim workout

I’ve check all of my settings to try and fix the issue, but I have everything right and it still won’t show my heart rate during a workout. Does the size of the watch have anything to do with it?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 10:20 AM

This is actually pretty normal. Contained in this link, is the following statement:

• Pool Swim: When you start a workout, be sure to accurately set the pool length to help your Apple Watch measure laps and distance. GPS isn't used during a Pool Swim, and water might prevent a heart-rate measurement, but calories, laps, and distance will still be tracked using the built-in accelerometer.

Here's the link --> Swim with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You could try to strap the watch to your wrist tighter as what is likely causing this is water getting underneath the heart sensors on the underside of your watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 10:20 AM in response to jack3303

This is actually pretty normal. Contained in this link, is the following statement:

• Pool Swim: When you start a workout, be sure to accurately set the pool length to help your Apple Watch measure laps and distance. GPS isn't used during a Pool Swim, and water might prevent a heart-rate measurement, but calories, laps, and distance will still be tracked using the built-in accelerometer.

Here's the link --> Swim with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You could try to strap the watch to your wrist tighter as what is likely causing this is water getting underneath the heart sensors on the underside of your watch.

My heart rate won’t show up during a swim workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.