Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt/USB4: No hardware was found.

Hi,

my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) have problem with Thunderbolt.

System report show: "Thunderbolt/USB4: No hardware was found."

USB accessory/power working, but thunderbolt dock not (working with Thunderbolt at DELL/worked with Mac before).

What I can do with this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 6:50 PM

Try rebooting the Mac.

Try using the other USB-C port.

Try rotating the USB-C connector 180 degrees upside down in case the USB-C port is half bad. If this works, then most likely the Logic Board is bad which means you need to have Apple repair the laptop.

Try an SMC Reset and a PRAM Reset (hold the PRAM Reset for at least two chimes --- I'm doubtful these will fix the problem, but it never hurts).

If it still does not work, then either the dock is bad or the laptop's Logic Board is bad. If you have another computer with Thunderbolt support, then you can confirm whether the dock is working. It is a bit risky in case the dock is what damaged the laptop in the first place which could result in the other computer being damaged as well (I'm a bit paranoid here as something like this has occurred a few times while I repaired clients' hardware -- it is very rare, but it can happen). For the latter you can have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2022 6:50 PM in response to ViktorE

Try rebooting the Mac.

Try using the other USB-C port.

Try rotating the USB-C connector 180 degrees upside down in case the USB-C port is half bad. If this works, then most likely the Logic Board is bad which means you need to have Apple repair the laptop.

Try an SMC Reset and a PRAM Reset (hold the PRAM Reset for at least two chimes --- I'm doubtful these will fix the problem, but it never hurts).

If it still does not work, then either the dock is bad or the laptop's Logic Board is bad. If you have another computer with Thunderbolt support, then you can confirm whether the dock is working. It is a bit risky in case the dock is what damaged the laptop in the first place which could result in the other computer being damaged as well (I'm a bit paranoid here as something like this has occurred a few times while I repaired clients' hardware -- it is very rare, but it can happen). For the latter you can have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

Thunderbolt/USB4: No hardware was found.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.