Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp not working on my iPad not even web based

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:03 AM

Some websites fail properly render correctly (if at all) when iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent is used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which there are two - these being Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 8:03 AM in response to sotasanjay

Some websites fail properly render correctly (if at all) when iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent is used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which there are two - these being Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

Jan 2, 2022 8:28 AM in response to sotasanjay

The WhatApp developers have not released an App compatible with iPad - the App being currently limited to iPhone.

Whilst the App is not available for iPad - you should be able to access the service using a web browser:

https://web.whatsapp.com/

If you are unable to use the WhatApp web portal, your iPad may simply too-old to have a supported web browser.

You make no mention of your iPad model or installed version of iOS/iPadOS. This information can be found here:

Settings > General > About

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.