Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max - Call volume very low, I changed the balance to 100% Left and it is fixed. Now what?

My iphone 11 Pro Max, on iOS 14.7.1. The call volume suddenly became extremely low.

The call volume on speaker and on my Airpods Pro is ok.

I tried toggling airplane mode, WiFi and Bluetooth on and off and it did not fix it.

I cleaned the earspeaker and hard rebooted the iPhone and it did not fix it.

Then I tried changing the balance from the halfway point to 100% Left and the ringtone and call volume are both fixed. I changed the balance to 100% Right and the ringtone and call volume are back to being very low.

What exactly does this mean? Is the right earspeaker broken and needs changing? Is there any other solution I haven't tried yet?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:24 AM

Welcome Amir-b,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, the volume is low on the right side when testing the sound on your iPhone 11 Pro Max. We'll do our best to assist with this.

You've done some awesome troubleshooting, nice work!

If you've gone to the Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > and moved the audio balance slider to the right and it's muffled or not working properly, then you are likely experiencing some sort of hardware issue. We'd recommend bringing it in for an inspection: iPhone Repair and Service

Get prepared for your visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Select your region and search nearby for locations: Find Locations

Due to the current conditions around the world, some stores may have limited hours or appointment times. They also may require specific things to visit them (Such as, scheduling an appointment, wearing a mask, calling to check-in, etc.).

Wishing you safe travels, cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 7:24 AM in response to amir-b

Welcome Amir-b,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, the volume is low on the right side when testing the sound on your iPhone 11 Pro Max. We'll do our best to assist with this.

You've done some awesome troubleshooting, nice work!

If you've gone to the Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > and moved the audio balance slider to the right and it's muffled or not working properly, then you are likely experiencing some sort of hardware issue. We'd recommend bringing it in for an inspection: iPhone Repair and Service

Get prepared for your visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Select your region and search nearby for locations: Find Locations

Due to the current conditions around the world, some stores may have limited hours or appointment times. They also may require specific things to visit them (Such as, scheduling an appointment, wearing a mask, calling to check-in, etc.).

Wishing you safe travels, cheers.

iPhone 11 Pro Max - Call volume very low, I changed the balance to 100% Left and it is fixed. Now what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.