Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone push notifications not working

I've noticed recently that my iPhone XR no longer seems to be receiving notifications from some apps. Specifically, the Microsoft Authenticator app and the FastMail email client. I think that what these two apps have in common is that they're both push notifications. (I think there are other apps that aren't doing push notifications, but those two are the obvious ones, and the easiest to test.)

Push notifications from first-party Apple apps (like the Messages app) are still working.

I know that my home network isn't the issue, since my iPad continues to receive notifications.

I don't have any "focus" modes turned on.

I have already turned my phone off & on a couple of times, to see if that would clear it.

(And I force-quit all apps before the restart.)

Any ideas as to what else I could try? Thanks.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 4:50 AM

If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps then please contact the app developer directly --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

1 reply

iPhone push notifications not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.