Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reinstall os x on my my Mac air 2011, got error message "a required download is missing?"

I have been trying to reinstall os x on my Mac air, mid 20011, keep getting the error message that syas "a required download is missing". Any help here?

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 9:13 AM

Hello paulinus80, 

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with reinstalling macOS, and we’re glad you were directed here from the related article How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility.

When attempting to reinstall macOS, are you following the steps outlined in the article below? If not, follow the steps outlined there. 

How to reinstall macOS

If you continue to have issues, there’s a section titled Other macOS installation options in that article that may help. Try the steps outlined there, and let us know how that goes.

Have a great day! 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 9:13 AM in response to paulinus80

Hello paulinus80, 

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with reinstalling macOS, and we’re glad you were directed here from the related article How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility.

When attempting to reinstall macOS, are you following the steps outlined in the article below? If not, follow the steps outlined there. 

How to reinstall macOS

If you continue to have issues, there’s a section titled Other macOS installation options in that article that may help. Try the steps outlined there, and let us know how that goes.

Have a great day! 

Trying to reinstall os x on my my Mac air 2011, got error message "a required download is missing?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.