Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Controlling Siri response and volume interaction affordance

I am moving to Siri and Apple Home. One thing I am not sure how to do is to reduce Siri's voice volume. It is too loud. Solution?

Also, it says the following on almost all requests:

“One second”

”That's done”

I would prefer nothing but a mild beep but nothing would be my first choice. The lamp light going on or off is the signifier. The stereo or HomePod playing music is the signal of it working.

Siri also says these three phrases in succession if it struggles with something:

“On it”

”Still working”

“Something is taking too long here”

My 33 years in UI and UX design says, none of these are needed, especially the last line. Instead, if there is a problem, that is never solved, Siri should say “Something went wrong.” Just like Alexa!

So I would like to turn off most these voice responses and just set a beep on completion. But not on every HomePod! Is this possible?

Yes, I sent a copy of this to https://www.apple.com/feedback/ as well. As should you if you agree.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:58 PM

Like you, I would like an option for no voice feedback for successfully completed actions.

You can try "Hey Siri, turn off automatic volume" followed by "Hey Siri, set your volume to X%". The OG HomePod should go to 10%, possibly lower. HomePod mini says 35% is as low as it goes, though that is pretty quiet to be fair.

And yes, Feedback - HomePod - Apple is the place to let Apple know you'd like changes.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 12:58 PM in response to Ataraxy01

Like you, I would like an option for no voice feedback for successfully completed actions.

You can try "Hey Siri, turn off automatic volume" followed by "Hey Siri, set your volume to X%". The OG HomePod should go to 10%, possibly lower. HomePod mini says 35% is as low as it goes, though that is pretty quiet to be fair.

And yes, Feedback - HomePod - Apple is the place to let Apple know you'd like changes.

tt2

Controlling Siri response and volume interaction affordance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.