Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Macbook Pro

My brother give me his macbook 2019 model as gift which was under use of his apple/ICloud ID. i use this laptop for 3 months with my apple id and suddenly device got locked bcz he sign out Apple Id when he gives to me but forget to remove from ICloud.com/ device. After this he removes this device from his ICloud also but device is still locked. From applied.apple.com this device still shows on my apple ID. Please advise how to reactivate the device because now this devise is no longer shown on his ICloud.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 11:47 AM

Hello Atifazzaq,

It sounds like you may have an Activation Lock on the MacBook. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

This article should be able to provide some guidance: Activation Lock for Mac

If you have reviewed this article and the issue persists. Can you provide a few more details? What exactly does the Mac currently show? What options are available on the Mac? Also, are you close enough where your brother can still access this Mac?

Cheers!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 11:47 AM in response to atifrazzaq

Hello Atifazzaq,

It sounds like you may have an Activation Lock on the MacBook. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

This article should be able to provide some guidance: Activation Lock for Mac

If you have reviewed this article and the issue persists. Can you provide a few more details? What exactly does the Mac currently show? What options are available on the Mac? Also, are you close enough where your brother can still access this Mac?

Cheers!

Jan 17, 2022 12:32 PM in response to atifrazzaq

See if a PRAM Reset will fix it for you.

You will most likely need to have your brother take the laptop to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with the valid proof of purchase and identity so that Apple or an AASP can remove the firmware lock & disablement. It is best to have your brother contact Apple or the AASP first to confirm exactly what will constitute valid proof of purchase and personal identity before taking the laptop in.

Jan 6, 2022 11:42 PM in response to jdo_apple

Thanks Jdo_apple for your respond.

When i turn ON the laptop its ask to connect the Wifi which i do and after progressing bar i see " Your computer is disabled. Try again in 60 Minutes.

My brother is not near to laptop. He tried again to get bach this laptop on his iCloud id but after delete from his ID it doesn't show again. But if there are some ways than i can be get connected with my brother via online.

Jan 18, 2022 8:17 AM in response to atifrazzaq

If neither your AppleID or your brother's AppleID are unable to resolve the problem, then unfortunately I've given you the only two possible options left. The disablement is a security feature so the only way to remove the disablement is by having Apple remove it, but Apple needs proof of ownership since it is a security feature that you are requesting to be removed. It isn't much of a security feature if Apple removed it blindly at anyone's request.

If your brother purchased it directly from Apple, then Apple should have that information on file, but the Apple Store or AASP are unlikely to have access to that information. Have your brother contact the vendor where the laptop was purchased to see if they can provide a copy of the purchase receipt.

Locked Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.