Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro 13 " 2018 has Apple ID blocked

Good afternoon. Ebay I purchased a Macbook Pro 13 "in 2018, but Apple ID has been blocked. The seller is not removing this computer from icloud.com. As a result, I can't use it. There must be a solution. Maybe if I send you the serial number, you can find out the previous owner of this computer data and notify him of the need to disconnect the computer from icloud.com.How can I solve the problem?

Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 31, 2022 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2022 4:56 AM

You bought a Mac that was not properly set up for resale; it's the seller's responsibility to of that. If he's refusing to deal with you, you need to let eBay know of his practices and hope for the best.

We are not Apple and have no more influence over what Apple does than you do. Apple is very unlikely to divulge personal information about a given Mac. Never actually.

Here's what should have been done: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

If this works when you do it, you have a working Mac. If not, you're at eBay's mercy.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2022 4:56 AM in response to valdis256

You bought a Mac that was not properly set up for resale; it's the seller's responsibility to of that. If he's refusing to deal with you, you need to let eBay know of his practices and hope for the best.

We are not Apple and have no more influence over what Apple does than you do. Apple is very unlikely to divulge personal information about a given Mac. Never actually.

Here's what should have been done: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

If this works when you do it, you have a working Mac. If not, you're at eBay's mercy.

May 31, 2022 5:10 AM in response to valdis256

No. But if you want to try: Get Support link at the top right of this page is a start.

Would you want a multinational corp giving out details of your personal life no matter how innocent it might seem? I don't and Apple is not likely to volunteer to get caught in that trap. Where would it stop? Who would ask next? What if the former user is dead or in a mental institution or prison maybe or maybe the son of a very prominent political figure?

You're beating a deceased horse in my opinion, but you can try all you want. I still say eBay is your best bet.

My Macbook Pro 13 " 2018 has Apple ID blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.