Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro seems to be locked

I just bought a MacBook pro (13 inch 2020 ) from ebay and i did creat a apple id

But its seems like its locked and i am not being able to get rid of this id and sign in with my new apple id that is

Thanks in advance.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 6:42 PM

First, the mods will be removing anything showing your Apple ID and email address. You’ve posted to a public online forum and it is not safe to post sensitive private info.

Second, it appears the seller did not properly prepare the device for sale and did not remove the device from his Apple ID. i would insist on returning it and getting a full refund - that would be the easiest way to deal with this. Then, if you want to buy another one secondhand, make sure the seller follows all of these instructions

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 6:42 PM in response to Akashh1988

First, the mods will be removing anything showing your Apple ID and email address. You’ve posted to a public online forum and it is not safe to post sensitive private info.

Second, it appears the seller did not properly prepare the device for sale and did not remove the device from his Apple ID. i would insist on returning it and getting a full refund - that would be the easiest way to deal with this. Then, if you want to buy another one secondhand, make sure the seller follows all of these instructions

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Apr 10, 2022 6:43 PM in response to Akashh1988

Akashh1988 Said:

"MacBook Pro seems to be locked: I just bought a MacBook pro (13 inch 2020 ) from ebay and i did creat a apple id But its seems like its locked and i am not being able to get rid of this id and sign in with my new apple id that is Thanks in advance."

-------

Seems Like a Scam. So...

Contact eBay ASAP:

Based on your full wording it seems like a scam, though a full assumption on my part. Having purchased this online and at a Web site (eBay), contact the site, seeing what your options are when it comes to scams.  Go Here: eBay Customer Service - eBay

And...

Take this as a Learning Experience:

When you purchase an item - you can do so either anew or used. If you go about purchasing a used one, do so in-person. When proceeding with the purchase, request that the seller allows you to log in an assign it to your own Apple Account. If the seller dis-abides by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction. In all, it seems like a Scam to me, though a full assumption on my, part.

MacBook Pro seems to be locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.