Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot window will not close/ operate

When capturing a screenshot with cmd + shift + 4, the window appears and once I share it with Photos, I cannot close the screenshot window. I can still edit it, and if I put it on my iPad, I can close that (but not the window on my MAC). The only way to close is to quit the activity. Nothing shows as an application running to force quit. This just started recently, and I am not sure why. OS was updated recently to 12.1 but I cannot say that is the issue for sure.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 10:24 AM

7 replies

Jan 3, 2022 10:28 AM in response to rgarrets2013

rgarrets2013 wrote:

When capturing a screenshot with cmd + shift + 4, the window appears and once I share it with Photos, I cannot close the screenshot window. I can still edit it, and if I put it on my iPad, I can close that (but not the window on my MAC). The only way to close is to quit the activity. Nothing shows as an application running to force quit. This just started recently, and I am not sure why. OS was updated recently to 12.1 but I cannot say that is the issue for sure.

Try Shift Command 5

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/take-a-screenshot-or-screen-recording-mh26782/mac

Screenshot window will not close/ operate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.