Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased iPad app does not show up in list of purchased apps on my M1 MacBook Air

I purchased Art Authority for iPad for $10 on Dec. 11, 2010. It is still on my iPad and I still use it there, and I would like to use it on my new 2020 MacBook Air (M1). But when I search for it in my purchased apps on my M1 MacBook Air, it does not appear. The app is available for purchase for $10, but I don't want to buy it again. (Curiously, in my iPad's list of purchased apps, it shows up as costing "$0.00" but in fact I spent $10 for it -- the most I ever paid for any app, and it took me a long time to decide to buy it.). Any ideas why it doesn't show up on the list of my purchased apps on the new M1 MacBook Air, when it does appear on the iPad's list?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 11:32 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 3, 2022 1:16 PM in response to Alan Bruce Ammerman

It's entirely possible the App is not set to be installed on a Mac by the developer. Even though apps can run on M1 Macs, they must be set by the developer to do so.

If its not in your Purchases history, its entirely possible it has not been set up to allow it to be downloaded on an M1 Mac.

It will just appear in the search results, but may not allow the download.

When I search for Art Authority, it says it has not been verified for Mac:

Purchased iPad app does not show up in list of purchased apps on my M1 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.