Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - Blue screen

Hello,

My Apple TV 4K used to work completely fine, but now whenever I turn it on, it goes directly to a solid blue screen. The remote won’t do anything, and it won’t let me do anything else. I tried turning on and off the tv but nothing is working.

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:52 PM

If you have already tried unplugging your Apple TV from power, waiting a minute or two, then plugged it back and the problem still exists then it’s probable that a hardware failure has occurred. If all you get is a blue screen then there’s no way to reset/restore with the remote.

Take it to an Apple Store or Apple authorized service center for examination and diagnosis. If it’s still under warranty then a replacement may be offered.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 12:52 PM in response to JudeGuzlan

If you have already tried unplugging your Apple TV from power, waiting a minute or two, then plugged it back and the problem still exists then it’s probable that a hardware failure has occurred. If all you get is a blue screen then there’s no way to reset/restore with the remote.

Take it to an Apple Store or Apple authorized service center for examination and diagnosis. If it’s still under warranty then a replacement may be offered.

Apple TV - Blue screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.