Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to AirPlay macOS Big Sur v11.6.2's Safari v15.2's streaming videos to an Apple TV 4K connected to a HDTV.

I managed to get this ATV (A1842 & MQD22LL/A; 5th gen.) to connect this over year old Intel 13" MBP's. Its mirrored desktop mode works so I can see both screens. However, I can't get Safari's streaming Chinese videos to show up on HDTV via ATV 4K. All I see is a blank black screen with its spinning buffering(?) animation. The Chinese web site doesn't have an iOS app so I have to use the web browsers (Chrome doesn't even have an AirPlay option like in Safari). Am I missing something? All softwares have the (new/lat)est updates. I had to use the mirror desktop and tell web browser's embedded video player to go fullscreen. :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 5:38 AM

If you can AirPlay stream from one site but not from another site, then the site may prevent the streaming. It might be a format incompatibility or a deliberate blocking.

If you can’t use the in-app AirPlay functionality, then try screen mirroring.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 4, 2022 6:02 AM in response to antdude

Definitely you are missing something , when you play that video from the website on safari first you have to start up is Mirroring my Mac then play the video , no every website has AirPlay compatibility I had that in many streaming websites , go to control center find mirroring then select your Apple TV and voila your video will start streaming on you tv using your Apple TV and you can zoom in the website while playing the video to make it wide screen in your tv

Jan 4, 2022 9:18 AM in response to Ozzie1910

Ozzie1910 wrote:

Definitely you are missing something , when you play that video from the website on safari first you have to start up is Mirroring my Mac then play the video , no every website has AirPlay compatibility I had that in many streaming websites , go to control center find mirroring then select your Apple TV and voila your video will start streaming on you tv using your Apple TV and you can zoom in the website while playing the video to make it wide screen in your tv

Yeah, I tried mirror desktops too. The streaming video site, http://olevod.com , shows AirPlay option in macOS' Safari web browser. I noticed it can play its ads though. Also, I tried another ATV 4K. Same results. Grr, why did my post hyperlink after its web site example link? I can't figure out how to remove the extra linkage. :(

Unable to AirPlay macOS Big Sur v11.6.2's Safari v15.2's streaming videos to an Apple TV 4K connected to a HDTV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.