Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock iCloud

Hi apple!

I bought a used iPad 7 generation (cellular). I tried it and it works fine. I've been using it for about a year now with absolutely no problems. the problem occurred when upgrading to the new version, it forced me to drop email or iCloud email to activation. I really have no idea who this email is from and there is no way to find out the previous owner of this iPad. please help me to solve this problem . I swear this iPad is not stolen or picked up, I bought it from an old owner when it was still new.

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 9:37 PM

Based on what you provided in your post, the previous owner did not fully prepare this iPad for resale. That most likely means that it is still tied to their Apple ID. Unless they remove their ID, the full functionality of this iPad cannot be obtained and you will not be able to use it as such.

... and by "new," was it still in the original shrink-wrapped box. When you first powered it on, did it display the "Hello" screen?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 9:37 PM in response to nguyenfromtacoma

Based on what you provided in your post, the previous owner did not fully prepare this iPad for resale. That most likely means that it is still tied to their Apple ID. Unless they remove their ID, the full functionality of this iPad cannot be obtained and you will not be able to use it as such.

... and by "new," was it still in the original shrink-wrapped box. When you first powered it on, did it display the "Hello" screen?

Unlock iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.