Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14" external monitor flickering

A couple of days ago I got my new M1Pro MacBook Pro 14" and also got a new Dell P2721Q external monitor. I have a very serious and very specific screen flickering issue. I tried every ''fix'' I found on forums but nothing helped. I tried different cables, changed the settings around but still the same. Out of ideas now. :(

Issue is NOT present on the Intel powered MacBook Pro 13''.

Do you have any other ideas how to fix this issue?

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 2:51 PM

I have the same issue with the MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021), when I connect to the monitor Dell P2719H, the screen starts to flicker when I move my mouse to the external monitor. Have contacted the Apple support and tried the 4 solutions suggested by them and none of them solve the issue. They ask me to contact Dell!!!! but Dell has no clue either. Really hope someone can help to fix this issue.

1. restart computer
  2. reinstalled MacOS
  3. Reset the SMC
  4. Reset NBRAM or PRAM

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2022 2:51 PM in response to toso_o

I have the same issue with the MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021), when I connect to the monitor Dell P2719H, the screen starts to flicker when I move my mouse to the external monitor. Have contacted the Apple support and tried the 4 solutions suggested by them and none of them solve the issue. They ask me to contact Dell!!!! but Dell has no clue either. Really hope someone can help to fix this issue.

1. restart computer
  2. reinstalled MacOS
  3. Reset the SMC
  4. Reset NBRAM or PRAM

MacBook Pro 14" external monitor flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.