Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer photos from deceased iCloud owner

My mother-in-law passed away recently and I want to help my father-in-law transfer all the photos/videos that were on my mother-in-law's iPad (on iCloud) to his iCloud account. We have ALL the logins and passwords.

What is the easiest way to do that?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:46 AM

Hi There,

There are two ways we could go about doing this. The first option would be to disable iCloud Photos on the iPad. When you do this a message will pop up saying "Do you want to keep a copy of this data on this iPad?" and you'll want to select "Download and Keep Originals". You will want to make sure that the iPad has enough storage space however to save all those photos/videos. You can check this in Settings > General > iPad Storage

The second option would be to go to www.icloud.com/photos and sign in with her iCloud Account and then download all those photos to the computer in a folder somewhere. Then, sign out of her account, sign in with your father-in-law's account and then upload the photos from there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 7:46 AM in response to eschroeter

Hi There,

There are two ways we could go about doing this. The first option would be to disable iCloud Photos on the iPad. When you do this a message will pop up saying "Do you want to keep a copy of this data on this iPad?" and you'll want to select "Download and Keep Originals". You will want to make sure that the iPad has enough storage space however to save all those photos/videos. You can check this in Settings > General > iPad Storage

The second option would be to go to www.icloud.com/photos and sign in with her iCloud Account and then download all those photos to the computer in a folder somewhere. Then, sign out of her account, sign in with your father-in-law's account and then upload the photos from there.

Transfer photos from deceased iCloud owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.