Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime won't stop recording

When I open QuickTime, I get a random menu window. When I screen record, the little window with the record button disappears. Then there is no way to stop recording without quitting QuickTime and then I've lost the recording. How do I fix this?

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:42 AM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2022 9:25 AM in response to ReneeYK

You can record. There are two recording buttons there. record entire screen and record selected portion. They are two buttons with little circles. You don't need to launch quicktime to record the screen. I never used quicktime to record the screen.

Jan 4, 2022 8:21 AM in response to ReneeYK

If you are recording the screen, use the screenshot app. The easiest way to get there is using shift+command+5 or just going to the launchpad, go to other, and find it there. Just click record entire screen or record selected portion button. If you are recording audio, make sure you selected a microphone by clicking on options. Then under microphone select the one you want to use. when you are done, press record.

QuickTime won't stop recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.