Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages not working in iMac

I just got a new iMac and I cannot text messages to Android users on the Mac. My phone number and Apple ID are correct on the Mac. It works on my phone, just not the Mac. Can you help?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 8:12 AM

Set up iCloud on all your devices

Keep your messages up to date on all your devices. Learn more about Messages and iCloud.

Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices

Keep your messages up to date with iCloud and make sure on iPhone >> Setting >> Messages > Text Forwarding and inside there the computer is listed by its' name and enabled.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 8:12 AM in response to Vickil120

Set up iCloud on all your devices

Keep your messages up to date on all your devices. Learn more about Messages and iCloud.

Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices

Keep your messages up to date with iCloud and make sure on iPhone >> Setting >> Messages > Text Forwarding and inside there the computer is listed by its' name and enabled.

Jan 4, 2022 8:00 AM in response to Vickil120

Apple users can send messages to other apple users and not android like apple messages(I tried doing that and I can't send anything to android users with apple messages). You need to use certain messaging software like whatsapp to be able to send massages to android users

Text messages not working in iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.