📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 apple ids

OK so I have no idea how this happened but at some point I ended up with two Apple IDs. I think my first ID was back when there was still the me.com and I had to keep that email address after that basic service went away because I have so much stuff associated with it and have no idea how to transfer it. So I guess it kept that separate Apple ID. I use a different address however for my main Apple ID. Hadn’t really even thought about it until I tried to use FaceTime. My iPhone primary is my “newer”ID and that’s also associated with my iPad. However FaceTime on my phone is using the old one and FaceTime on my iPad is using the new one. I don’t want to delete my old account because it will take away a lot of emails that are critical and I have no idea how to correct this or if I can

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 10:03 AM

On the phone, sign out of Settings/FaceTime and sign in with the new ID. That shouldn't affect the other ID.

3 replies

2 apple ids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.