Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple unveils the new iMac with M4, supercharged by Apple Intelligence and available in fresh colors. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt Monitor & MacBook Pro M1

My old Thunderbolt monitor stopped working with my MacBook Pro M1. It still works with an older MacBook Air I have - so appears not to be a problem with the monitor. What troubleshooting steps can I take?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 4:16 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Jan 27, 2022 7:02 PM in response to rachaelfrommissoula

I'm having the same problem... got a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro 3 days ago... everything worked fine until this afternoon, woke the computer up from sleep and the monitor won't wake up... except... the camera and speaker work, just not the display. I updated the computer to the latest macOS Monterey... and it worked until it went to sleep... now the display won't work with ANY of my computers. I also have a 2021 Macbook Pro with Intel chip, and a 2019 Macbook Pro with Intel chip. I've restarted over and over again... Following every suggestion I can find online. I am tearing my hair out. Please help ASAP!

Jan 20, 2022 10:07 AM in response to rachaelfrommissoula

Same issue here. The Apple Thunderbolt monitor was working fine up until about a week ago and my M1 does not recognize the monitor. All other Intel Macbook pros work fine with the monitor, even using the most up-to-date operating system. My MacBook Pro M1 works fine with my 5K LG monitor that has a direct connection using Thunderbolt 2, but no longer on the Apple Thunderbolt monitor using the Thunderbolt 2 > 3 dongle. Please help.

Jan 17, 2022 11:14 AM in response to jdo_apple

I have the Apple Thunderbolt monitor. I have tried restarting in Safe mode. Having the monitor plugged in when I turn on the computer. Plugging the monitor in after my Mac has booted up. I upgraded to Monterey. I bought a new Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. I tried my old MacBook with the monitor - it works. I tried a new travel Lepow monitor (it doesn't connect either).

Thunderbolt Monitor & MacBook Pro M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.