Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to selectively prevent some folders from being uploaded to iCloud Drive?

I'm subscribed to the iCloud Drive. There are some documents and folders that I want to upload to the iCloud Drive while there are some (especially the big ones) that I don't and I simply want to store them locally on my laptop. However, I could not move those folders that I only want to store locally out of the desktop or the documents folder. So my question is - how do I prevent certain folders from being uploaded to the iCloud Drive while not completely turning off the iCloud Drive function for other folders?

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 8:30 AM

You cannot. Anything in iCloud Drive will sync (and anything in desktop and documents if you have that enabled). You can move the folders to a location that is not synced -- home folder or downloads folder.

1 reply

How to selectively prevent some folders from being uploaded to iCloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.