Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there an easy way to only store certain folders from your desktop onto the iCloud Drive?

I would prefer to only save certain files on iCloud. I have currently set up iCloud Drive for files on the desk top to go to iCloud. I don't want all of my desktop folders accessible on iCloud or my laptop.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 10:52 AM

Yes. Just put them on iCloud Drive. They move to the cloud eventually. You will still see Desktop and Documents folders but they will be empty once you disable the option. If you click on the Options button for the iCloud Drive entry in the preferences list, then you can uncheck anything listed that you don't want to be stored in the cloud automatically.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2020 10:52 AM in response to OJ2

Yes. Just put them on iCloud Drive. They move to the cloud eventually. You will still see Desktop and Documents folders but they will be empty once you disable the option. If you click on the Options button for the iCloud Drive entry in the preferences list, then you can uncheck anything listed that you don't want to be stored in the cloud automatically.

is there an easy way to only store certain folders from your desktop onto the iCloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.