Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 Pro battery drain while sleeping

Brand new MacBook Pro m1 pro 14 monteray 12.1. Nothing installed. Battery drains within 2-3 days while sleeping. Only a few safari tabs and notes app open. Nothing shows as "preventing from sleep" in activity monitory. My other older MacBook Pro late 2013 sitting right next to it outlasts it in sleep mode by 10+ days.

• Restarting the Mac
  • Unchecking Power Nap -> There is currently no Power Nap on M1 Macs with Monterey
  • Nothing plugged in

This is brand new machine so I do not see the need to reset / restore it as that has obvisously not resolved for others with the same issue.

See these links with same issues.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/14-inch-macbook-pro-2021-4-day-total-battery-drain-while-sleeping.2322698/

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/432126/macbook-pro-14-inch-m1-pro-battery-drain-while-sleeping

Running this:

pmset -g log | grep "Wake Requests" > wake-requests.txt

Results show many repeated same events of the below. I do not have time machine enabled.

wakeAt=2021-12-29 11:20:21 info="com.apple.dasd:501:com.apple.avatar.activity.UserRequestedBackup"] [process=mDNSResponder request=Maintenance deltaSecs=7200 wakeAt=2021-12-29 13:04:36 info="upkeep wake"] [process=powerd request=TCPKATurnOff deltaSecs=265383 wakeAt=2022-01-01 12:47:39]

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:56 AM

I seem to be having a similar issue as well.

I'm "only" loosing about 10% charge over the span of ~15 hours though. But definitely unusual / does not seem normal, given that my late-2013 MacBook Pro Retina would loose far less battery charge over the same period.

In my case, I noticed that quitting Safari before sleeping the computer seems to "fix" the issue. That obviously is a far from an ideal workaround and I do hope Apple pushes out a fix for this soon.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 7:56 AM in response to vasdfwen

I seem to be having a similar issue as well.

I'm "only" loosing about 10% charge over the span of ~15 hours though. But definitely unusual / does not seem normal, given that my late-2013 MacBook Pro Retina would loose far less battery charge over the same period.

In my case, I noticed that quitting Safari before sleeping the computer seems to "fix" the issue. That obviously is a far from an ideal workaround and I do hope Apple pushes out a fix for this soon.

MacBook Pro M1 Pro battery drain while sleeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.