You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set a seen notification to go away on wrist down?

When I get a notification on my watch and raise my wrist to look at it, I lose access to the watch face and all new notifications, until I manually dismiss the notification. So, If I get a message and look at it, all I see is that notification every time I raise my wrist.

I tried setting General > Return to Clock to Always, but it doesn't work for notifications.

Is there a way to have notifications be dismissed without using the other hand? This is really annoying, since I then can't do anything except look at that same notification until I tap dismiss. Even if a new notification comes.

I saw an old question about the same thing, but from 4 years ago and the resolution was to use a setting that is removed in the meantime (General > Wake Screen).

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 11:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 10:22 AM

Hello agumon9,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities with your question about Apple Watch notifications. 

There is another option for dismissing a notification on your Apple Watch, and that would be swiping down on it. See section “Respond to a notification when it arrives” found in See and respond to notifications on Apple Watch for details.

You can leave Product Feedback for Apple with the request for a new option to be added to dismissing notifications.

Let us know if we can help further.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2022 10:22 AM in response to agumon9

Hello agumon9,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities with your question about Apple Watch notifications. 

There is another option for dismissing a notification on your Apple Watch, and that would be swiping down on it. See section “Respond to a notification when it arrives” found in See and respond to notifications on Apple Watch for details.

You can leave Product Feedback for Apple with the request for a new option to be added to dismissing notifications.

Let us know if we can help further.

Have a great day!

How to set a seen notification to go away on wrist down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.