You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable the Focus nag messages?

How do you stop your iOS 15.2 device from suggesting Focus every single time you drive a car?

It's clear how to turn Focus on, but I can't find a setting to say "stop nagging me, I don't want to enable Focus".

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 1:26 PM

3 replies

Jan 6, 2022 11:13 AM in response to rb50

Hello Rb50,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you'd like to disable the Driving Focus on your iPhone.

First, be sure this is a feature you want to disable. Removing the Driving Focus will allow you to receive notifications while moving in a vehicle.

With that said, you can open Settings > tap on Focus > Driving > scroll down to Turn on Automatically and change it to 'Manually' or 'When Connected to Car Bluetooth' instead of 'Automatically'. You can also delete the Driving Focus in Settings > Focus > Driving > Delete Focus.

Resources:

Stay focused while driving with iPhone

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hoping this helps out, take care.

Jan 6, 2022 11:39 AM in response to destiny241

The solution turned out to be slightly trickier than that. When you open Settings > Focus, "Driving" doesn't even appear in the list. Before you can disable the nag messages, you must first manually add "Driving" (either by clicking the "Get Started" button in the nag message, or tapping the "+". Once you have added it to the list, then you can set it to Manual.

Disable the Focus nag messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.