Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't boot my macbook

Hello,

I tried to update software on my MacBook. When it was completed, my computer started to show "your computer restarted because of a problem" and to restart. Now it only shows loading screen, but when computer loads, it restarts. When I try cmd + r, it shows me white screen with prohibition sign. Internet recovery mode doesn't work too and when i hold cmd + opt + r while booting, my computer doesn't response to it and tries to boot normally. I even created bootable installer flash drive, but my computer sees only its HDD. Is there a way to save it?

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 10:07 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

See: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support.

Jack

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 6, 2022 3:17 AM in response to Jack-19

I read it before going here and it didn't help at all. I updated my MacBook to Mojave (with a self made bootable flash drive installer). Before that i read hardware requirements and my computer was capable of handling it. And everything was good, until I clicked to restart and update software. Like I described, it stops on loading screen and restarts when loading is "complete". Command + R doesn't work (like i have written, it takes me to screen with prohibition sign), Command + Option + R and Command + Shift + R don't work too. MacBook doesn't see my any connected when i boot holding Option. Flash drive with OS install which I made, SD card, just nothing, it sees only it's hard drive. However, when I connect my phone to it, my phone shows me menu (charge only, read files or read photos) when loading screen shows, so it seems like computer reads my device only when loading starts. If it would be usable, when by mac boots it takes me to EFI shell. I don't have any other mac and I want to avoid going to service (and paying inappropriate ammount of money). It's my 2nd computer and I use it to learn something about computers, other OS, just like that.

I can't boot my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.