Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync music to Apple Watch 8 - some songs won't sync

Issue

Syncing playlists to Apple Watch 8 gets stuck on "waiting" but only for certain songs. Any one got any ideas on fixing?

Background

I have an Apple Watch 8. I noticed that a new playlist was not syncing to my watch (stuck on 'waiting'). I have tried all the standard fixes (restart, ensuring same network, tried 2.4GHz only, tried no network - but don't want do yet another re-pair) etc. There is definitely a connection to my iPhone.

Testing

There are 15 songs on the problematic playlist. I created 15 new playlists each with ONE song from the problematic playlist. Of the 15 new playlists, 4 sync perfectly (and quickly). The others are stuck on waiting.

All of the songs are downloaded to my iPhone (and all are 14 or 24bit lossless).

Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 12:48 PM

Problem solved. Just in case anyone else needs the fix that worked for me:

1. put watch on charge
  2. Sign out of Apple Music on iPhone
  3. allow watch to sync with phone (should do almost immediately)
  4. Check your watch to see if all music and playlists have been removed - make sure you look under Library > Downloaded (I’ve noted on two watches where this happened that rouge empty playlists remained after signing out of Apple Music … if so, delete manually from your watch by swiping left on the playlist and press Remove)
  5. reboot phone and watch
  6. sign back into Apple Music on your phone
  7. add music to watch as normal (making sure sins have been downloaded to your phone)

hope this helps

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 12:48 PM in response to MickeyC_AU

Problem solved. Just in case anyone else needs the fix that worked for me:

1. put watch on charge
  2. Sign out of Apple Music on iPhone
  3. allow watch to sync with phone (should do almost immediately)
  4. Check your watch to see if all music and playlists have been removed - make sure you look under Library > Downloaded (I’ve noted on two watches where this happened that rouge empty playlists remained after signing out of Apple Music … if so, delete manually from your watch by swiping left on the playlist and press Remove)
  5. reboot phone and watch
  6. sign back into Apple Music on your phone
  7. add music to watch as normal (making sure sins have been downloaded to your phone)

hope this helps

Sync music to Apple Watch 8 - some songs won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.