Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Car Play - Hyundai Palisade very intermittent - possible workaround

I saw this post in the Apple forums regarding the Wireless Car Play not working well in their new Hyundai Palisade. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253258441

This thread was automatically closed, so starting a new thread.

I had the exact same issues that user dcwarpath was having. In fact, I have the same model year and trim/package (2021 SEL with Convenience Pkg) as dcwarpath and had the same iphone - XR. The phone frequently lost connection and I often had to hit the hard reset button (to the right of the Tune knob). I love the vehicle, but audio/screen cutting out frequently was maddening.

I found that changing the WiFi setting to no automatically ask to join other wifi networks helped a little bit, but still had the problem. I then recently got an iphone 12 (running iOS 15.2) and the problem has completely gone away! I did not update the firmware for the Hyundai infotainment center either. I've had the phone for about 3 weeks and I have yet to experience the wireless car play get disconnect while driving.

I have no idea why it works now with the new phone. I had heard that the problem can also occur because of poor cell coverage - although I can't think of any reason why this would be. Perhaps, the iphone 12 simply got some improvements for either the BT, Wifi, or cellular radios that is now making it work.

Anyways, just wanted to share my experience. YMMV.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 11:31 PM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2022 11:31 PM in response to BizzlyBob

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

Wireless Car Play - Hyundai Palisade very intermittent - possible workaround

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.