Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not working

I have an iPhone 12 and yesterday my camera went black. If I flip the camera to selfie mode it works. I’ve deleted a ton of photos, turned the phone off and on, reloaded the camera ap and updated the phone last night. It will still not work. I’m in magic kingdom with my kids and really hoping to get this camera working. Please help.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 9:00 AM

Hello,

Wow, I hope that we can get it going. If you're short of local storage and you've also already deleted old photos, they also need to be deleted from album "Recently Deleted" to truly free up storage. Then, restart the phone. Also see this:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

For the actual camera, see this:

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Otherwise, try to find a nearby Apple location or something similar that can help, e.g., Best-Buy etc.

Apple - Find Locations

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 9:00 AM in response to rrwilson99

Hello,

Wow, I hope that we can get it going. If you're short of local storage and you've also already deleted old photos, they also need to be deleted from album "Recently Deleted" to truly free up storage. Then, restart the phone. Also see this:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

For the actual camera, see this:

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Otherwise, try to find a nearby Apple location or something similar that can help, e.g., Best-Buy etc.

Apple - Find Locations

Good luck.

Camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.