Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3D text overlapping USDZ object

Hi everyone,

When placing a 3d text element (white shape) in-between two elements of a single imported USDZ file (blue object) the overlap does not work well.

As you might see in the first screen shot, the overlap works well with the blue pole in the background.

However, as the white shape is in between the two blue poles, Motion shows both blue poles behind the white shape. The left pole should normally be in front of the white shape.

When changing the hierarchy of my layers, the effect is vice versa; both blue poles will overlap the white shape.

Is there a way Motion can show the white shape |(3d text) in between the two poles of the USDZ file?

This doesn't seem the be a problem when combining two or more USDX files.

Or can one only place a 3d text object in front or behind a single USDZ file?

I'm using Motion 5.6

Thanks for thinking along

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 2:24 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 7, 2022 12:23 AM in response to Philip_00

Yes it is — such a great disappointment!

If you don't mind spending the money, MotionVFX mO2 can mix 3D text with their 3D environment. I however, don't care to. I bought mObject, but there was no upgrade path and I wasn't going to spend more the second time, so I really can't bring myself to endorse the product or recommend it.

If Reality Converter can convert SVG shapes to 3D models, then you might be able to use Pixelmator Pro to convert text to SVG shapes, then create USDZ models from that and use that in a USDZ model scene... I'm still running Mojave, so Reality Converter is not something I can use to test this out. Pixelmator Pro is reasonably priced (and may still be on sale...) Do some research first before buying stuff.

3D text overlapping USDZ object

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.