Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech options not working on Mac

So there is a whole lot of questions and answers regarding Logitech mouse software not working on latest versions of Mac OS.

I have a Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse and using Bluetooth to connect. Mouse works fine but I cannot customise or reap the full functionality of the MX Mouse productivity without configuring the Logitech Options software, which does not detect the mouse installed over Bluetooth.

Logitech themselves have articles about how to install and configure Logitech options and the specific security/privacy settings (System Preferences - Security & Privacy) required. Interestingly, after installing the latest version (9.40.75) all of the settings are configured with the exception of "Automation". Logitech say the "Logi Options Daemon" must be selected and the boxes checked for System Events & Finder - but the logi Options Daemon is not installed in the "Automation" list.

After calling Logitech support, I was told there are known issues with the latest versions of Mac OS and they were working on fixing these before releasing an update. Fair enough (but frustrating).

So I hunted about the application store and searched for the Logi Options Daemon but the search could not locate it. I eventually right clicked the "Logi Options.app" in the Applications folder and selected "Show Package Contents" and hey presto - "Logi Options Daemon.app" was in the "Contents - Support" folder.

And when I double clicked to execute it, the Logi Options application detected my Bluetooth mouse and everything worked fine from there on.

Now I have not rebooted my Mac as yet, to see if the Options app will still work and detect the mouse, but regardless, I can copy the "Logi Options Daemon.app" to the Applications folder and manually execute if needed - until Logitech release a working version!

Hope this helps anyone experiencing similar issues.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:51 PM

THIS WORKS AFTER RESTART

Cheers to OP for the solution, but it didn't work for me after restarting. So I tried this, and it works:

1. Finder → Applications → Logi Option [Right-click, "Show Package Contents"] → Contents → Support
  2. Now, leave that window open.
  3. Open System Preferences → Users & Groups → Login Items
  4. Drag "Logi Options Daemon" into the "Login Items" list in System Preferences

Now, it'll launch every time you restart.

53 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 12:51 PM in response to LogitechDaemon

THIS WORKS AFTER RESTART

Cheers to OP for the solution, but it didn't work for me after restarting. So I tried this, and it works:

1. Finder → Applications → Logi Option [Right-click, "Show Package Contents"] → Contents → Support
  2. Now, leave that window open.
  3. Open System Preferences → Users & Groups → Login Items
  4. Drag "Logi Options Daemon" into the "Login Items" list in System Preferences

Now, it'll launch every time you restart.

May 24, 2022 8:33 PM in response to LogitechDaemon

I thought i should update everyone who might still be having issues, Logitech have now released an updated version of Logitech Options+ and it is available from here: http://t.ecom1.logitech.com/r/?id=hfba0cad,edb381d,ee68484&e=dXRtX21lZGl1bT1lbWFpbCZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249ZWNvbV9PcHRpb25CZXRhX05PTl9FTi1BVSZ1dG1fc291cmNlPWVjb20&s=3JZvpxNykvam2y2c5H4b7g88lFYmnZIWoEc6En4PH6k

I recommend everyone update to this version as it seems to work just fine.

Feb 5, 2022 12:21 PM in response to LogitechDaemon

hi

I had this problem also,

---- right clicked the "Logi Options.app" in the Applications folder and selected "Show Package Contents" and hey presto - "Logi Options Daemon.app" was in the "Contents - Support" folder. ----

Completing the answer above,

drag Logi Option Daemon to -> setting, security and privacy, privacy , input monitoring

run logi option and enjoy

Mar 9, 2022 3:27 PM in response to ccllamas

I'm pretty sure you just need to find the daemon app as described in the first post above and double click on it to execute.

• To save all the hassle, either download the latest version of Logitech Options (Software Version: 9.50.122 Last Update: 2022-01-07) or, if it still does not work, try the Logi Options+ from here: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-au/articles/1500006416522 (Software Version: 0.90.1438 Last Update: 2022-02-21)

Make sure you uninstall all previous versions/installs before attempting to install any of the versions above.

Good Luck!

Jul 20, 2022 3:31 AM in response to LogitechDaemon

This worked well for me, the steps I followed were

1. right clicked the "Logi Options.app" in the Applications folder and selected "Show Package Contents"
    2. Navigate to "Contents - Support" folder.
    3. Copy "Logi Options Daemon.app" to desktop
    4. Open System Prefs - Security & Privacy
    5. Select Bluetooth
    6. Click +
    7. Browse to Desktop and select "Logi Options Daemon.app"

All working fine now!!

Thanks Again

Jan 31, 2022 3:20 AM in response to LogitechDaemon

Thanks for this - it's super helpful.

Its worth noting add that Logi Options + (Beta testing would be the reason someone has this installed rater than regular Logi Options at the moment) for some bizarre reason does not have the "Logi Options Daemon.app" in its package (or at least, I could not find it). It's resulted in me uninstalling Logi Options + and resorting to regular so that I have a working app. The dangers of beta testing I suppose.

Have also seen others comment that sharing data with Logitech sometimes causes the issue, so on reinstall it is worth not giving Logitech permission for data sharing.

Thanks again for this :)

Jan 31, 2022 5:20 PM in response to pinkladypioneer

Hi PinkLadyPioneer, thanks for your feedback.

Thought I would provide an update based on your response.

My previous work-around seemed to stick and the settings remained after reboot. So I did not need to execute the Logi Options Daemon file again.

I have since installed Logi Options+ version 0.80.3597 Beta and this seems to be working fine on my Mac. Not sure what they have done about the Logi Options Daemon but the permissions are showing Logi Options + installed.

Anyway, they seem to be closer to fixing the issues and if you haven't already, maybe try the latest beta to see if this works for you.

Feb 8, 2022 7:37 AM in response to LogitechDaemon

Hi I am having a similar issue. I recently just got the new M1 Max Macbook running Monterey 12.1 (was previously running Big sur 11.4 on early 2015 model), I set up logi options and it detected the mouse just fine, however the horizontal scroll feature doesn't scroll through the browser tabs on the new OS and device which is really annoying. Has any one else had this issue? Any suggestions?

Feb 8, 2022 2:04 PM in response to cheezetothemax

Hi cheezetothemax, I am not sure I understand "scroll through browser tabs" as I have never done this and not clear on what you mean, but the Logitech Options application seems to be fully customizable including, selecting individual apps for configuration with the "Point & Scroll" features.

Maybe check in the application to ensure you have selected your browser (Safari, Chrome, etc.) in the Point & Scroll section of the settings. When I checked mine, I had the browser configuration already added to the "Buttons" settings but nothing in the "Point & Scroll".

Hope this helps.

Feb 23, 2022 8:34 AM in response to LogitechDaemon

Not working for me. Just spent all day trying to install Mx Master 3 on my new MacBook Pro 2021 M1 16”. Had run update initially so it’s on latest Monterey. However, although mouse working I am unable to customise it. After same issue with privacy settings all greyed out I tried the daemon fix but when double click on that app nothing happens. It doesn’t open or install and it doesn’t show up in applications.

Anything else I could try because I’m on the point of returning the MX Master 3 as I can’t use it for photo editing - shame too as it is my preferred choice?

Feb 28, 2022 4:02 AM in response to alex_atanassov

Who to blame, I think this will always fall with the third party developers. Apple are providing a free OS which will be optimised for Apple Hardware but they do provide beta versions for third party developers to re-engineer their soft/hardware to be compatible. As with any upgraded OS, functions etc will be extended to fit in with Apple strategy and it would be impossible for them to test functionality against the myriad of third party hardware/software out there.

Logitech options not working on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.