Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time

My screen time password is not working and it won’t let me change it?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 11:40 PM

Hi Juliebear0318, to try and resolve your forgotten Screen Time Passcode you may find the following link useful as it explains the process to reset/change your Screen Time Passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT211021

2 replies

Jan 7, 2022 2:22 AM in response to Juliebear0318

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime passcode, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x or later, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

I hope this information is helpful to you in successfully resetting your forgotten passcode.

Screen time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.