Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 iMac audio "stutter"

In the past couple of weeks I've been experiencing an audio issue using Apple's TV app on my 24" M1 iMac - there's a noise "stutter" that begins at inconsistent times after playing for awhile. This is with internal speakers, does not occur with Bose QC35-II bluetooth headphones. It is NOT an internet connectivity, speed or buffering issue, and will occur with no other programs running in the background. Not corrected by quit/restart of the program, may be corrected by full shutdown/restart. Running Monterey 12.1; I believe it's only occurred after the last update.

It's most noticeable with soundtrack music, frequency a regular something like 6 Hz, hard to tell if it's momentary cut-out (which it seems) or insertion of noise.

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 3:48 PM

Yeah, thanks, already did a "startup options" Monterey re-install - no difference. Also same in Safe Mode. Also same if streaming or pre-downloaded content. Spent almost 2 hours on 2 separate sessions with Apple Support chat; it's being escalated. Fairly apparent bug.

Similar questions

12 replies

Jan 7, 2022 5:37 AM in response to mcardlepm

MORE INFO: there's also a noticeable crackle that comes and goes. The audio issue does NOT occur with hard wired headphones plugged into the iMac headphone port; program material will be experiencing bad audio through internal speakers, plug in headphones it's fine, unplug headphones it's back. It only occurs in the Apple TV app, inconsistently, and never Youtube, Amazon Prime, or Netflix video. Also has not occurred with iTunes to my knowledge. I have NO peripherals of any kind connected. YouTube link to video shot on iPhone. https://youtu.be/f6gi9Am09ow

M1 iMac audio "stutter"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.