Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ext USBC LG Monitor Not Recognized After Monterey 12.1 Upgrade

I have a new MBP 14" M1 Max connected via UCB-C cable to LG 32UN880 4K monitor. It was working fine in clam shell mode until this morning. I upgraded to Monterey 12.1 overnight. When I woke this morning... the external monitor wasn't working.

It isn't recognized in System Preferences > Displays. Rebooting computer doesn't work.

I've tried the trick on line of holding the Option key down with scaled resolution selected in Displays preferences but this seems to no longer give the option of manual recognizing external monitors.

No other changes were made overnight. The rest of my laptop works fine, just no external display. The MBP just can't see it.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 8:45 AM

I posted this as a new question in hopes that it might help others with the same issue. I found a solution online in the Apple Developer forum.

With the MBP booted and logged in and the external monitor attached via USB-C... unplug the power to the monitor and plug it back in. This seems to force the MBP to recognize the external monitor.

Everything is back to normal now.

Take care,

Jeff

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 8:45 AM in response to Jeff698

I posted this as a new question in hopes that it might help others with the same issue. I found a solution online in the Apple Developer forum.

With the MBP booted and logged in and the external monitor attached via USB-C... unplug the power to the monitor and plug it back in. This seems to force the MBP to recognize the external monitor.

Everything is back to normal now.

Take care,

Jeff

Ext USBC LG Monitor Not Recognized After Monterey 12.1 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.