Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor jumps to bottom, left corner of my MBP's screen | Is there a solution?

When I view certain images in the Photo app on my new MBP M1 Pro 16 2021, the cursor jumps to the bottom, left corner of the screen. It does not get stuck there but it is annoying. Plus, I had to remove the Hotspot that I created in that corner for Sleep. Every time the cursor jumped to the corner on its own, my screen would go blank.

When it happens, it's usually when I'm viewing a high resolution photo like the ones from the iPhone camera. Another side effect is pinch-and-zoom stops working in the Photo app and Pixelmator Pro until I restart them.

This issue existed when I first purchased the MBP. I was hoping for a software fix. But the issue still occurs with macOS 12.1. I didn't have this issue with my old MBP.

The issue occurs on the active desktop and also when I use an external display.

MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro

macOS 12.1

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:21 PM

A user in Reddit's r/mac group has a fix: un-check "Use scroll gestures with modifier keys to zoom" under System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom.

When I unchecked it, the issue stopped happening. To double-confirm, I re-checked the option and the issue returned. I unchecked it, and the issue did not occur.

I hope the macOS development team fixes this because I rely on this accessibility feature.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 2:21 PM in response to Drew_7

A user in Reddit's r/mac group has a fix: un-check "Use scroll gestures with modifier keys to zoom" under System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom.

When I unchecked it, the issue stopped happening. To double-confirm, I re-checked the option and the issue returned. I unchecked it, and the issue did not occur.

I hope the macOS development team fixes this because I rely on this accessibility feature.

Feb 8, 2022 8:43 PM in response to philfnyc1

philfnyc1 answer above solved this problem for me :)

I was having this problem consistently when I would adjust the screen brightness, which would often drag the bar to the lowest (everything black) setting. Not cool....

I tried reinstalling macOS (didn't help but good to learn), uninstalling every third-party app, and obviously rebooting lots. This was the only thing that made it go away. I don't *think* I needed that accessibility setting but we'll see.

Thanks!!!!

Cursor jumps to bottom, left corner of my MBP's screen | Is there a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.