Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using Mac Book Air, internet is slow

I am using Mac Book Air, with OS version 12.0.1.

I bought it in 2021. The internet speed is becoming slow after a use of 8 hours of office work.

Not sure why. Other devices are working fine.

Can anyone please help here?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 7:57 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Have you tried restarting your Mac and trying again? Is macOS up-to-date: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support?

If that doesn't work, first, review Connect your Mac to the internet using Wi-Fi - Apple Support to make sure those settings are correct. Then, take a look at: If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support. I'd also suggest that you read: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, add a new Wi-Fi network location and test: How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support.

If Wi-Fi still isn't working right, Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test there. Also, Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support and see if any issues are flagged.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 7:57 AM in response to UdayKiranP

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Have you tried restarting your Mac and trying again? Is macOS up-to-date: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support?

If that doesn't work, first, review Connect your Mac to the internet using Wi-Fi - Apple Support to make sure those settings are correct. Then, take a look at: If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support. I'd also suggest that you read: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, add a new Wi-Fi network location and test: How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support.

If Wi-Fi still isn't working right, Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test there. Also, Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support and see if any issues are flagged.

Jack

I am using Mac Book Air, internet is slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.