Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble loading web site of a receiver so I can rename it so Siri can understand it on home network

I used to be able to get to a stereo receiver web page using its web address. But the past few years, it has been impossible to get to. The browser progress bar just goes a little and stops. I need to change its very long name so I can use it easier with a HomePod and Siri. It is currently something like “XYZ-4598 9878965”. I want to rename it “guest room AVR” via its web page. I did it once before. But it went back to this odd name. Anyhow…

I brought the stereo receiver address up in Terminal and got this odd thing:

(10.0.1.xx) at (incomplete) on en0 ifscope [ethernet]

(I Xed out part of the address)

What does this incomplete mean?

When the problem began, maybe 5 years ago, I had it ethernet connected strait to a switch and that to my router. I have many other devices on that switch that did not have any problems. The new receiver on that same switch has a web site and it works great. So the issue is not that switch.

Recently, I moved the receiver to another room, same network, but now have it coming out of an AirPort Express (which is on ethernet as an Airplay device only, Wi-Fi is turned off). The Express is essentially a one plug switch for it.

So that is two different places over years. The problem of its web site not loading remains.

What is happening?

AirPort

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 12:34 PM

I just renamed it on the AVR itself. However, while in that menu on the AVR, I see it seems the AVR address changes. When I got that info right, it worked fine. Yesterday. Today, that address is no good.

Similar questions

2 replies

Trouble loading web site of a receiver so I can rename it so Siri can understand it on home network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.