Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match deleted my music

I have been downloading music from Zumba.com for years and saving it (I thought) in my iTunes library. Lately, Apple has made it impossible to transfer that music from the computer to my iPhone, which I need to teach class, and so I downloaded and paid for iTunes Match and was told to sync my libraries on the computer and the phone so that my non-iTunes purchases would transfer. Instead, all of my non iTunes purchases - all of them - were deleted from my phone and my computer. I basically paid $25 for Apple to delete every single piece of music that was not purchased from Apple through iTunes. 7 years worth of music that I paid for through Zumba is gone from my library now.

After 4 hours on the phone today with Apple I was basically told sorry but there's nothing they can do.

I hope someone from Apple is reading this and can pass on this message and make it clear to people who purchase this subscription that they are essentially deleting anything not previously purchased through Apple. You guys have SO MUCH MONEY. Is it really necessary for you to charge people just to download music that isn't yours, and then after you charge them, delete all of their non-Apple purchases? And then finally, give them advice to go back to iTunes and try to download the 1000+ songs that were lost? And that aren't available through iTunes anyway? For a company who can apparently do so many things, this is an especially disappointing outcome.

I am going to seek another way to download new music, and I really hope lots of other people do too.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 11:51 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 12, 2022 1:22 PM in response to jen2022

It isn't clear exactly what messages you might have seen during this process or how you might have responded, but enabling iTunes Match on a computer shouldn't remove anything from the local library. Ideally you would have had a backup of your library from before you got started so it could be restored had any accident, such as drive failure, affected your library. Have you checked the media folder to see if the files really have been removed from it? Can you redownload the content from Zumba? Do you have this media on any other device, old computer, backups, etc?

tt2

iTunes match deleted my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.