Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I had my photos in iCloud years ago and now I can't find them what do I do

I had my photos in iCloud years ago and now I can't find them

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 8:18 PM

Lisacls01 Said:

"So I had my photos in iCloud years ago and now I can't find them what do I do"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Three Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 8:18 PM in response to Lisacls01

Lisacls01 Said:

"So I had my photos in iCloud years ago and now I can't find them what do I do"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Three Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Jan 9, 2022 12:39 AM in response to Lisacls01

Sign in with Apple ID and password with account credentials from a web browser at www.icloud.com , click on photos , scroll up the photos are sorted by years and saved .

In case if they were deleted and moved to recently deleted years have gone by they are automatically erased after 30 days , so can't be recovered .

In case if time machine was set up and iCloud photos was synced with photo application of Mac then its possible read Back up the library in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Jan 8, 2022 11:13 PM in response to Lisacls01

How long ago has it been, that you have uploaded the photos to iCloud and last viewed them? Are you still using the same Apple ID as you have used when uploading the photos?

To check , what is still in iCloud, open the web page www.icloud.com in a web browser on a computer. Sign in with your Apple ID, then click the Photos.app on this web page. This will show you, what is still saved in iCloud.

So I had my photos in iCloud years ago and now I can't find them what do I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.