Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User Backdrop in Photo Booth

The photo booth in my newly purchased macOS Monterey 12.1 has no user backdrop. What are my alternatives? I need a virtual background for my photos and videos.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 2:14 PM

Mynakaylive wrote:

The photo booth in my newly purchased macOS Monterey 12.1 has no user backdrop. What are my alternatives? I need a virtual background for my photos and videos.

The Photo Booth background feature was removed in Catalina, if not before.

There are apps that can remove the background in the app store, and Preview can remove backgrounds.

Aperture and Procreate are among other available options.

Using a green screen makes this all somewhat easier for the apps involved.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 2:14 PM in response to Mynakaylive

Mynakaylive wrote:

The Photo Booth background feature was removed in Catalina, if not before.

There are apps that can remove the background in the app store, and Preview can remove backgrounds.

Aperture and Procreate are among other available options.

Using a green screen makes this all somewhat easier for the apps involved.

Jan 9, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Mynakaylive

Mynakaylive wrote:

You can search the App Store for alternative green screens if that is what you are after —no longer available in your PhotoBooth:

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other ...

User Backdrop in Photo Booth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.