Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE TV 4K Dolby Digital audio

Hello friends.

In APPLE TV 4K Dolby Digital audio does not play.

Dolby Atmos audio is working properly.

In the settings of the dark is set to the sound of the atmosphere.

When I log in to Netflix for a Dolby Digital audio title (5.1) my receiver (YAMAHA R-XA6A) does not recognize or receive Dolby Digital.

When I enter the Atmos audio title header the receiver detects Atmos without any problem.

I also have the same problem with the Samsung QN90A TV.

The Apple TV is connected directly to the receiver with an HDMI cable of course ...

The TV is connected to the receiver with an HDMI cable through the earc inputs.

Has anyone encountered such a phenomenon?

Is there a solution?

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 7:05 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 19, 2022 6:15 AM in response to ofirz16

The receiver shows PCM but not Dolby Digital

Yes. As intended. They are different formats, but not different quality. PCM means uncompressed, it says nothing about the number of channels, and can be 1.0 to 7.1 channels here. It is not really important if your receiver displays the DD symbol.

Atmos is turned off in Apple so see Dolby Digital in the receiverDD

If you force Apple TV to output audio as ‘Dolby Digital 5.1’, then you won’t be able to get Dolby Atmos from Apple TV. The ‘Dolby Digital 5.1’ Format on Apple TV is a fallback option, only recommended for use with audio setups that do not work at all with PCM Multichannel.

APPLE TV 4K Dolby Digital audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.