Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Issues with MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

I have an older Mac but it has had no issues whatsoever since I've had it, let alone battery issues. Last night I simply closed the screen and went to bed, then this morning I figured it had died overnight so I plugged it in as I normally do. After powering up, I notice that it has an exclamation mark over the battery and it says that battery service is recommended and that it is not charging. Overnight the battery seems to have completely gone on me, without any prior issue/warning and now it'll only work if plugged in. Any idea if this has a fix that isn't a battery replacement? Why would a battery that has had no issues up to this point completely go from one night to the next, just seems a bit odd to me...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 4:41 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Refer to this Apple Support article: Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support.

Should your battery need service, contact Apple Support to learn about repair options: Get Support.

Only go to Apple, an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or send your device to Apple for service (if applicable or available). Do not go to a 3rd party/unauthorized repair center or attempt a repair yourself. This is for the assurance of authorized and professional repairs that use genuine Apple parts. Please refer to this from Apple Support:

Beware of counterfeit parts
Some counterfeit and third party power adapters and batteries may not be designed properly and could result in safety issues. To ensure you receive a genuine Apple battery during a battery replacement, we recommend visiting an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you need a replacement adapter to charge your Apple device, we recommend getting an Apple power adapter.
Also non-genuine replacement displays may have compromised visual quality and may fail to work correctly. Apple-certified screen repairs are performed by trusted experts who use genuine Apple parts.

Jack

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 4:41 AM in response to fabrizio1507

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Refer to this Apple Support article: Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support.

Should your battery need service, contact Apple Support to learn about repair options: Get Support.

Only go to Apple, an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or send your device to Apple for service (if applicable or available). Do not go to a 3rd party/unauthorized repair center or attempt a repair yourself. This is for the assurance of authorized and professional repairs that use genuine Apple parts. Please refer to this from Apple Support:

Beware of counterfeit parts
Some counterfeit and third party power adapters and batteries may not be designed properly and could result in safety issues. To ensure you receive a genuine Apple battery during a battery replacement, we recommend visiting an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you need a replacement adapter to charge your Apple device, we recommend getting an Apple power adapter.
Also non-genuine replacement displays may have compromised visual quality and may fail to work correctly. Apple-certified screen repairs are performed by trusted experts who use genuine Apple parts.

Jack

Battery Issues with MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.