Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ Family Sharing

Hello All

Got an oddball one here I use family sharing with all my family as I have the one plan and added a new member to my family plan today and all the benefits are working music, arcade etc apart form Apple TV+ when opening app they are presented with start a trial for 3 months then it will cost £4.99

Checking the family plan option sharing is enabled for Apple TV+ and checked this with other members of my family and it works fine, I’ve tried removing the sharing and reading, signing out and back in but still it’s not working, it’s a newly created Apple ID not sure if this is anything to do with it

Anyone got any ideas what else I can try?

Cheers

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 10:01 AM

Thanks for the reply, I’ve signed out of the App Store and media account as per the apple support site, I didn’t have to sign in with my account with my other family members it just worked, thanks for the recommendation though

Cheers

2 replies

Jan 9, 2022 6:18 AM in response to iammbuk

When you say you have tried signing out and in again, is this for iCloud or the Apple TV app? I suspect that your new Family Group member has not signed into your account in the Apple TV app on their device - which is to say using your Apple ID credentials. Without this step the app would not recognise their Apple TV app as part of an account to access your subscription.

On the other hand you may already have tried this.

Apple TV+ Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.