family member can't watch Apple TV+

i added a family member that lives in a different city, and on that account can't seem to watch Apple Tv+ original shows without asking to try for 3 months for free, in other family members i have added can watch original programs without asking to try for 3 months, this makes me believe that altho I'm sharing with that family member they are not granted access, even tho i check on settings, and it says i am sharing my Apple TV+ subscription with.

How or what can i do so they can watch?

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on May 30, 2023 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 6:43 PM

As they got a new qualifying Apple device installed on their Apple ID account, then that would make them eligible to redeem a 3 months offer. They can redeem it or not redeem it, their choice. When also sharing Apple TV+ from you, then to doesn’t matter much. The offer is available during the first 90 days after setup.

They should be able to ignore the offer, and start playing some Apple TV+ content, if the active Apple ID account on that device matches the account as used for joining the Family Sharing group.

If that doesn’t success somehow, then it may be best to contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 6:43 PM in response to Work79

As they got a new qualifying Apple device installed on their Apple ID account, then that would make them eligible to redeem a 3 months offer. They can redeem it or not redeem it, their choice. When also sharing Apple TV+ from you, then to doesn’t matter much. The offer is available during the first 90 days after setup.

They should be able to ignore the offer, and start playing some Apple TV+ content, if the active Apple ID account on that device matches the account as used for joining the Family Sharing group.

If that doesn’t success somehow, then it may be best to contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

family member can't watch Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.