Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes

My question is where iTunes disappeared to. For the last month I cannot find iTunes on my Mac computer. I need to get back the app, have been trying to download it but I can’t find it on App Store.

Need access to iTunes to be able to connect my phone and do security copy, thankful for help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 1:55 PM

The iTunes app on Macs was discontinued and replaced when macOS Catalina was released. It cannot be installed on Macs that are running Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey. See: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

To backup an iPhone, use Finder. See the Catalina or later section of How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 1:55 PM in response to BelleGlobal

The iTunes app on Macs was discontinued and replaced when macOS Catalina was released. It cannot be installed on Macs that are running Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey. See: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

To backup an iPhone, use Finder. See the Catalina or later section of How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.